A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other mobile or handheld device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They are used to recall when your computer or other device accessed the website.
We use two types of cookies and equivalent technologies: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us identify you as a previous web visitor, so it is easier to interact with you and help you shopping. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to our website).
What Information is Collected?
Some cookies we use are known as first party cookies and have been created by (or on behalf of) Aunty Brin’s Toy Box and are deployed to assist us in providing you services. We also use third party cookies which have been developed and are operated by other companies. These are described in more detail below.
Some examples of the benefits of our Cookies and equivalent technologies:
- Cookies and equivalent technologies are used to remember your settings next time you visit our site, which will save you time when signing in and prevent you having to provide the same information over again;
- Cookies and equivalent technologies allow us to understand and analyse data to improve the quality of our website, for example, when we see that a particular toy has an increasing number of views we can make it more prominent on our website;
- Cookies and equivalent technologies enable features such as our chat feature, customer support, Youtube integration and rich content and customer reviews to work better; and
- Cookies may allow us to know your location so that we can automatically suggest your nearest store.
Cookies and equivalent technologies we use:
We use the following types of cookies and equivalent technologies on our website:
- Mandatory/Strictly necessary cookies and equivalent technologies: technologies: These do not require your consent and are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical and Performance cookies and equivalent technologies: They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These also allow us to track the customer journey and identify and resolve any issues. Some of these are provided and operated by third party service providers whose details are set out below.
- Functionality cookies and equivalent technologies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Some of these are provided and operated by third party service providers whose details are set out below.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose who process this on our behalf. Some of these are provided and operated by third party service providers whose details are set out below.
- Manage your cookie preferences, to disable some or all cookies
- Disable cookies on your computer or device
- Delete our cookies after you’ve visited our website
- Use your browser’s anonymous setting. This is called ‘Incognito’ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate’ for Internet Explorer, ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox and Safari.
Please see links below on how to manage your cookies: